Peer Recognition of NIPI supported Interventions by Journal of Indian Paediatrics
The April, 2021 edition of Journal of Indian Paediatrics, a journal of international repute indexed in PubMed, published a special issue containing five articles on NIPI supported interventions, namely:
- 1. An Assessment of Implementation of Family Participatory Care in Special Newborn Care Units in Three States of India.
- 2. Special Newborn Care Plus Project in India: Preliminary Findings from Community based Follow-up of Newborns Discharged from Facilities.
- 3. Situational Analysis of Management of Childhood Diarrhoea and Pneumonia in 13 District Hospitals in India.
- 4. Tracking Weight-for-Age of Infants Using Home Based Newborn Care Plus by ASHA Workers.
- 5. Catalytic Support for Improving Clinical Care in Special Newborn Care Units (SNCU) through Composite SNCU Quality of Care Index (SQCI).
Each of the five research article focuses on a single NIPI supported intervention-HBNC+, SNCU+, ETAT, FPC and SQCI, have been scaled up across the country by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. These articles document and share findings from implementation of each of the abovementioned interventions in 13 districts of four states of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Rajasthan.